Dear readers, in times such as these, when we are essentially staying at home and working from home all day, we need not needlessly suffer in uncomfortable clothes. I open up my wardrobe, look at all the fancy clothes and wonder, what should I wear at home all day? Is it even possible to look cute in comfortable clothes? What to do if my boyfriend suddenly comes to visit me? Girls I hear you. So here’s something exciting I learned during this lockdown. I made a list of all the things I can wear at home and yet look appealing. I tried to minimalize my wardrobe possessions and believe me it felt real good!
Here is a list of 10 most comfortable cute outfits that we can wear at home:
- Silk button-down shirts/cotton shirts: The most go to outfit for women are shirts. It’s not only comfortable but adds elegance to your posture. Pastel color shirts with brown/olive linen pants look classy and elegant. The only downside with silk is its high price, but cotton shirts look as beautiful.
- Long t-shirts with wide shorts: Goes unsaid that t-shirts are every girl’s hot favorite and that’s why our wardrobes are stocked up with all colored t-shirts. Some women prefer fitted t-shirts and some go for relaxed fit. A quick suggestion, choose t-shirts according to your neckline and shoulder line. For example, V-neck looks better on narrow shoulders.
- Flowy cotton dresses or jumpsuits are trendy one-step outfits. From lazy Saturday nights to professional meetings, they can be worn effortlessly and they certainly add a unique texture to your look.
- Knitted oversized sweaters: Knitted sweaters have never gone out of style since 80s. You can wear your granny’s sweater and would still look as pretty as she did. Usually knitted sweaters go really well on denim shorts or pants.
- Cotton Tunics or short Kurtas: ah! Those beautiful Dabu printed kurtis. They are absolute love. When it comes to striking an ethnic chord, just pick up a Kurta/tunic/Kurti and wear it over Salwars, cotton pants, or dhoti pants.
- Track pants: Every time after yoga we don’t feel like taking it off. We can basically live in it, well we can. Turns out track pants can look super cool by just a little bit of styling.
- Leggings: Leggings are definitely must haves for us women. We can style with short Kurtis, t-shirts, Kaftans or oversized t-shirts. They are comfortable and accentuate our curves beautifully.
- Ribbed tank tops: wear it with pajamas, sweats, knit shorts, or jeans. The list goes on.
- Pajamas: who doesn’t love pajamas? As is said “everything is better in pajamas”. Pajamas’ basically live and thrive in everyone’s wardrobes. Men or women!
- Knit shorts: last but not the least, shorts are a necessity. Working from home, chilling at a friend’s place or just watching a movie on your couch, shorts define comfort the best. Let them be your best travel buddies and they would never disappoint you.
Let’s not forget that irrespective of what we wear, we slay when we do it with confidence. So let’s chin up and revise our wardrobes with comfy cute clothes.